Tuesday, May 18, 2010

"Your Huge Bottom!"



I'm suppose to be working. But, I keep thinking about an incident that makes me burst out laughing... I've got to write this down:

Over our years together, my husband and I put on some weight. Lately, we talk quite a bit about our fat stomachs and big bottoms and how we really ought to be doing something about that... Recently (for last Mother's Day), my husband and kids took me shoe shopping for a pair of ShapeUps. The sales rep. hands me a box with my size. Bent over doing shoelaces, I notice my husband leaning against a rack with the "I'm Tired of Shopping Already" look. I realize I had taken up the whole bench, so I grap up the shoe box as I slide over and offer him the space next to me. He declines. Meanwhile, Payton continues to move the rest of the shoe packaging and whatever I missed and announces loudly (so the whole store can hear), "Here, Daddy, there's a nice big spot for your HUGE bottom!" HAHAHAHA!!! (Yes, I'm LOL again.) What a character! What a memory! I love my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment