Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Bat Wings

Today begins another attempt at turning my son into a vampire bat. Last Halloween, I gave up when I couldn't get the wings to work. He was so disappointed. I felt awful letting him down that way. So, I promised him he could be a bat next year. (I would have an ENTIRE year to figure out how to make bat wings...) Next year's here. It's 1:00 Wednesday morning. He needs his costume Friday morning. No need to panic yet --- I have it all pinned together. He'll get to try it on in the morning (I hope all the pins are poking outward enough that those don't draw blood. And, I'm hoping for only minor adjustments.)

My mom is the seamstress. Not me. She made my daughter and me matching witch costumes 3 years ago. This will be our 3rd year wearing them together. However, Alyssa says she's not doing Halloween this year. Of corse I said OK --- I told her she could stay home with Daddy (he would LOVE that). I'm betting she'll change her mind. She's already decided to wear her costume to her ballet Halloween party, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment