Sunday, July 19, 2009

Makin' a Splash


Payton, Alyssa and I got to stop at my brother Dan's home before spending a week with my in-laws. We spent a hot afternoon in their community pool. I was so surprised to see my babies dunking their faces. I had to record it for Eli (He was on a business trip and we wouldn't see him again for another week).


Back inside, when nobody was around, Alyssa ventured into my sister-in-law, Carrie's, nail polish... How she managed to get it all over her fingers and t-shirt, but not on anything else, is a fortunate mystery. The next morning, Carrie kindly painted Alyssa's tiny fingernails sparkly blue, the same color as her sparkly dress.

After church, Carrie drove me through a beautiful new neighborhood, just minutes from their home. During the drive, she told me to check out the end of the street when we turned the corner. It was breathtaking. There stood the Oqirrh Mountain Temple --- all lit up and beautiful. Wow! What would it be like to have that at the end of your street? --- Yes, I did feel envious. (Unfortunately, I didn't make it to the open house.)

Later that evening, I checked out Dan and Carrie's basement photo studio. It's really neat. I brought Alyssa down, her hair was still nice from having it done for church. I helped her put her dress back on for a short photo session. She looked darling! I imagined her blue dress looking so lovely against the black-and-white floral backdrop. Unfortunately, she woudn't put on anything but a scowl. I was so disappointed. Oh well... I suppose they'll be other opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment