Thursday, July 30, 2009

Summer Vacation

continued with Grandpa taking Payton, Alyssa and me to dinner at Costa Vida. I got a shredded pork salad. I may never try anything else there. It was delicious! And my tummy was full! A silly side note about me: I decided once (when I was skinny and fit, probably while still in high school) to never pass up an ice cream invitation. Ummmmm, maybe not the coolest decisions I've made... After dinner, we stopped at Cold Stone.

Did I mention, I LOVE Cold Stone! Especially their signature Cheesecake Fantasy scooped into a waffle bowl. To die for! Over time it has become mandatory for me to maintain some sort of portion control on these invites. Usually, when the family goes to Cold Stone (mo$tly becau$e of money) we share one big bowl. But Eli wasn't there this time, so I got a LOT of extra ice cream. (Hmmmm, he blames me for eating most of it!)

The next morning we took a trip to the airport to pick up Grandma. We sat on the front row of Terminal B. Payton and Alyssa were so excited that soon we had an audience behind us. They squealed with delight as Grandma exited the plain. They were all hugs and kissed as soon as Grandma came through the door.


This trip Payton and Alyssa figured out how to get this swing going. I enjoyed not being asked to push them on the swing for once (although, it will be too soon that they don't ever ask again).


Still a favorite.


That evening Great Grandma Kutch bought tickets for the play "Annie Get Your Gun". We sat on the front row. The kids seemed to enjoy it as much as we did. "Annie" was awesome! The evening weather was perfect.


Grandpa's newest cat, Mylo. He's social. But, watch out kids, he's a mean one.

All week long we played and enjoyed a nice visit. Friday morning, Grandma packed up so she could take her turn as a temple worker. She would bring "Daddy" home with here. But "Daddy" had a different idea, he wanted us to go up too and we would go to the zoo while Grandma was at the temple. So, we packed up too and after awhile we stopped at another airport. Oh, the excitement of it, again... especially when they saw "Daddy!" Unfortunately, the Zoo was closed. And other then that, it was not an eventful evening. The next morning we prepared to go to the Zoo but we ended up being locked out of the Excursion. I was not very happy about spending the last days of our vacation waiting around in a motel room. Oh well.

Eli left a message for his mom. Luckily she got it. She asked a man leaving for the day if he could drop her key off at the motel for us. This kind man did. Wow. I was humbled. We took a quick trip to the Zoo afterall.


Flamingos are not my favorite, but their coloring always makes me stop and gawk extra long. They're like the roses in the jungle.

Gorilla's, on the other hand, are one of my top favorites to visit, although, this time they were pretty mello (except for the one eating potty. Disgusting!). Two years ago we stopped in front of the gorillas and watched one of them swing around. My kids, being so little couldn't see through the larger spectators, so, I squeezed them through some gaps until they were right in front of the wall of glass. Suddenly the gorilla proceeded to run into a large circle heading straight at Payton. Payton's arms flew straight up as he let out a loud scream of fright. A big laugh came out of my own mouth as I swooped him up into my arms to let him know he was safe. I'm laughing again writing about it.


This snake doesn't look so bad behind a glass wall.


Whoa! Check out this HUGE turtle. Payton is way into turtles.


A walk in the park.


Must be interesting!


We didn't want to leave without seeing the tiger!


The highlight. A visit to the giraffes completes the zoo visit for me. These animals just amaze me. Their size. Their spots. Their grace. Their beauty. Even that they're plant eaters. Payton got to feed them ($3 for a couple small twigs! Seriously!) Alyssa hid.


That evening, when we got back to Grandma and Grandpa's, we went four-wheelin' through their field.


Hugs and kisses! Grandma sure does love her grand kids.


Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for your love and special memories.


It was a long ride home...

No comments:

Post a Comment