Friday, January 21, 2011

On Blogging

Wow! I don't know where my last post came from, it's not at all what I sat down to write about... but it's a whoppin' 4 comment post, so I've decided not to delete it. I was actually just given a friend's blog address and have since spent many hours reading it. This friend (and mother whom I totally admire and want to parent like) got me thinking --- A LOT. I must have wrote a couple dozen blogs about my introspections as I fell asleep the first night, I wrote more in my dreams and more again as I lay awake in the wee hours of the morning because I hadn't be able to turn my mind off. Now, I wish I could remembered some of those mentally written blogs because some of them were actually fun and none of those took very long to put into words. (I suppose it's harder to edit writing still in your head, so that's why I thought up so many!)

Anyway, I started thinking about how hard it was to let people know what I think of them and it just sort of got me thinking about my past... (I hope it didn't sound all depressed! It felt good to write it.) It also got me going on our adoption story again (I've had a few requests for it), it's a whole work of emotions! If you want more emotions from me --- read it! Mostly, I want to write it for my children before I forget any more of the details. I also want to share a positive story of adoption by posting it. Hopefully, it comes out uplifting --- because for me it did. And I like reading things that make me feel good when I'm done with it. (Oh those spoilers! I hope that doesn't ruin it! ; )

3 comments:

  1. I call Steph's blog my morning Therapy it is SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You're blogging again! I loved your last post on being "stuck up." I, too have been accused of that same thing when my only crime was being shy.

    Blogging helps me helps me organize my thoughts and emotions. It helps me put things in perspective. The most wonderful thing I've found is that I can share very personal feelings, insecurities, and failings, and find out that I'm not alone, and that people love me anyway.

    I look forward to reading your adoption story and all your other thoughts!

    ReplyDelete